The NGO Forum on Cambodia received fund from NPA to implement the project called Strengthening CSO in policy and participatory monitoring which will implement within the three-target areas: Mondulkiri, Rattanakiri and Stung Treng provinces, however, we changed the target areas to Kompong Thom, Siem Reap, and Prey Veng provinces. The project will conduct the series of activities including providing the training on NSDP and CSDGs to the provincial NGOs network members, community-based organization (CBOs), once they have gained the knowledge on the policies the network in each provincial NGO network will cascade this knowledge to their members and their project beneficiaries. In addition, the NGOF will also support them to develop the format for monitoring the progress of the implementation of NSDP and CSDGs and strengthen them to bring these to discuss with relevant stakeholders in their target area. On 30-31 July 2019, there were 15 paricipants (3 Female) were joint from provincial NGOs network in Kompong Thom, Siem Reap, and Prey Veng provinces.the NGOF will conduct the training on NSDP and CSDGs to the provincial NGOs in the three target provinces which will be conducted at Tonlebassac I Restaurant. The objectives of the workshop were shared the knowledge and key content in NSDP and CSDGs. And consulted and discussed on the possibility of developing the format for monitoring the progress of NSDP and CSDGs.
Project orientation has been introduced to provincial NGO network within 3 targets.
Mr. Bunly introduced economic growth by sector. In 2018 GDP 7.5 %. In 2019 7.1%, In 2020 6.5%.
Macroeconomic Framework indicators 2016-2020 show that the international reserve will be afforded for six months. The second committee of national assembly raised a concern related to the macroeconomic framework. MoEF will share it to all ministries to prepare the budget.
What should we know to contribute to the development of the country?
We should learn the policy such as rectangular strategy, NSDP, CSDG, Cambodia vision 2030. Sector policy such as roadmap of education for 2030.
From May to December 2019, the project call strengthening the capacity of CSO in monitoring the government policy in Siem Reap, Kampong Thom, and Prey Veng province. 45 NGOs in three provinces. 45 CBOs including youth and women group, 15 districts in three provinces.
• Video development on NSDP and CSDG in August 2019.
• Dissemination workshop on NSDP and CSDG in target villages in August 2019.
• Support CSO and provincial network to dissemination NSDP and CSDG in August 2019.
• Strengthen the operation of the network in August 2019.
• Support CSO and NSDG’s Framework 2016-2030.
Participants increased the capacity in policy monitoring on NSDP and CSDGs.
Mr. Bunly introduced the Cambodia Policy Framework and Development Context.
Cambodian long term vision 2030-2050.
Policies, strategies, plan for medium-term
• Rectangular strategy.
• National Strategic Development Plan.
• Sectoral Strategic Development Plan.
• Sub-national strategic development plan.
Role of the CSDGs
CSDG will be reflected in every two years. VNR was reviewed in July every year. MoP presented in New York.
The participant has been introduced to practice the policy monitoring tool of VNR by applying CSDGs. In Siem Reap, the provincial network selected the goal related to education. In Kampong Thom the provincial network selected the goal-related health, education, justice, agriculture, gender, and climate change. In Prey Veng, the provincial network selected goal-related education, gender, and climate change.
Action plan has been developed and presented in the following:
• Organize a meeting to disseminate CSDGs with provincial network members and relevant authorities.
• Organize monthly meeting.
• Training on video and website development.
• Develop a website for supporting the network.
• Provide award for a champion in developing video.
• Support the operation of the network.
Mr. Bunly will consolidate all the action plan and budget from three respective provinces and prepare and cooperative agreement for implementation in the next five months.
Based on my observation, this workshop reached the objectives and participants able to gain more knowledge on NSDP and CSDGs which they can produce a friendly template for their reporting from their province and developed action plan which prioritize based on their project implementation in the respective provinces. They are able to share key learning points about NSDP and CSDGs with their provincial network members.
• After finished the training, all the participants expected to gain more knowledge on NSDP and CSDGs which they can produce a friendly template for their reporting from their province.
• Each province is expected to prioritize based on their project implementation.