The NGO Forum on Cambodia’s vision is that Cambodia had well-informed citizen and civil society organizations, who positively influence equitable and sustainable development for the benefit of the poor and vulnerable people, and which supports transparent and accountable government, and the rule of law.
The NGO Forum on Cambodia’s mission is to coordinate and equip network/members and other civil society organizations in actively engaging in policy dialogues, debates and advocacy for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia.
NGO Forum’s overall goal is to ensure that citizens and civil society organisations are well-equipped to contribute and influence policy making and implementation processes for the benefit of poor and vulnerable people of Cambodia.
The NGO Forum believes in working together for:
- Human rights and justice – All of our work is based on respect for the inherent worth and dignity of all people, and the rights that follow from this understanding.
- Transparency and accountability – NGO Forum both provides and expects to access clear, accurate and up-to-date information. We are willing to hold ourselves to high standards and seek to hold others to similar standards as the ones we set for ourselves.
- Sustainability – NGO Forum is committed to development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. By empowering members, our networks and the communities they serve, we believe that the benefits of our work will be enduring.
- Cooperation and partnership – We respect the wishes and requirements of our members and networks – and the communities they serve – and we endeavour to create a shared voice, working together in a manner that enables us to achieve our shared goals and live our shared values.Peace – NGO Forum recognises that peace is about more than the absence of conflict. NGO Forum strives for concord, harmony and tranquillity – a balance of power.
- Equity – NGO Forum shares it own resources fairly and wants to see that the natural and intellectual wealth of Cambodia is also distributed fairly, so that everyone is able to gain their share. We know that the success of development can be measured by how the least powerful people and the smallest minority groups are faring.