The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a membership organization consisting of local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The NGO Forum is seeking a qualified Cambodian candidate for the position of Legal Officer.
Overall responsibilities of Legal Officer:
The legal officer closely cooperates with another legal officer and other staffs of the NGO Forum to support the Development Issues Program, Environment Program and Land & Livelihood Program on issues of human rights, legal investigation and legal analysis that support to evidence-based advocacy of the programs and the NGO Forum as a whole regarding to legal issues.
- Bachelor degree in law, public policy, and or related fields
- Minimum 3-year work experience with NGOs in legal and advocacy
- Knowledge of government system and development issues in Cambodia related to natural resources, legal status, human rights, and advocacy
- Strong understanding and experience in legal investigation, legal analysis, report writing, debate and advocacy
- Strong experience in capacity building and transfer skill and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with professional network such as CSOs and RGC
- Demonstrated ability to work in team
- Excellent oral and written communication skill both Khmer and English
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Strong commitment to the advocacy work and impacts of development on women and men.
Qualified and interested candidates shall submit CV and cover letter specify clearly the position apply for, expected salary, and how they find the job advertisement to the NGO Forum no later than 29th March 2015 via e-mail: email@example.com Hard copy applications are not accepted. For more details about the NGO Forum and Job Description please visit our website: www.ngoforum.org.kh. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The NGOF will not hire any person when there is any information that this person has committed abuse on children!
Job Description Download Here