Phnom Penh, February 04, 2016: The NGO Forum on Cambodia (NGOF) organized a Land and Housing Rights Network Quarterly Meeting with 26 participants from 13 organizations based in Phnom Penh and other provinces.
The meeting was conducted in order to provide network/members with additional work experience and practical skills. The topic on “Investigation Techniques”, focusing on Land Issues and Natural Resource Management, was included in the meeting.
The specific objectives of the meeting were:
1. Presenting the outcomes of Annual Network Reflection 2015
2. Presenting NGOF Operation Plan 2016
3. Updating the progress of focus and hot cases in 2015, and the identification and selection of new cases by network
4. Presenting and update LAHRIN ToR
5. Reinforcing the knowledge and capacity of network/members on the techniques of investigation skills.
The one-day meeting yielded the following results:
1. Identified and selected Sino-Hydro case in Kompong Chhang province as the focus case in 2016 and the existing cases as hot cases.
2. Delivered the presentation on Operation Plan 2016 and LAHRiN ToR.
3. Shared and updated the developments of the focus and the hot cases in 2015.
4. Increased the knowledge and the capacity of network members on Techniques of Investigation Skills. Based on the rapid training evaluation, 85% of participants were satisfied with the training.
The 13 organizations were Housing Rights Task Force (HRTF), Khmer Kampuchea Krom Human Rights Association (KKKHRA), Licadho, Vigilance, Star Kampuchea, Minorities Rights Organization (MIRO), DARE, The Cambodian National Research Organization (CNRO), Urban Poor Women Development (UPWD), Comfrel, Community Legal Education Center (CLEC), Development and Partnership in Action (DPA) and NGOF.