The NGO Forum on Cambodia (NGOF) has facilitated 2nd Quarterly LAHRiN Member Meeting which participated from LAHRiN member and partners on 24 May 2019 at President hotel, Battambang province. The total 26 participants (5 females) from 21 difference NGO representatives including the Build Community Voice (BCV), Sovannaphumi Territory (TDSP), Rachna Satrei (RS), Green Vision Organization (GVO), Community Conservation and Development Team (CEDT), Star Kampuchea (SK), Comfrel, Khmer Kampuchea Krom for Human Rights and Development (KKKHRDA), Community Training Organization Development (CTOD), Community Legal Education Center (CLEC), Forest and Livelihoods (FLO), National Cambodian Research Organization (CNRO), Cambodian League for the Promotion and Development Human Rights (LICAHDO), My Village (MVI), Organization for Urban Poor Development (UPWD), Action for Development (AFD), Community Translation Organization (CTO), Save Vulnerable Cambodians (SVC), Prom Vihea Thor (PVT).
The objective of the meeting aimed to update information on LAHRiN members’ profiles and sharing the progressive information on land and housing rights issues among the network members and set up strategic advocacy activities.
Opening remarks and opening of the meeting by Mr. Bun Vanna, Program Manager of World Vision Cambodia and Member of Management Committee. LAHRiN working on land issues. Non-action violence has been introduced to address land issues. The new method of meditation is a good process for addressing the land dispute. The case of land dispute issue which recently happen in Sihanouk province. We have many issues to deal with in order to support the land affected communities.
Updated on NGO Network Membership to Strengthen Network Members Mr. Pheap Sophea, Program Manager of Land and Forestry Program, NGOF. There are many activities that have been done in the last quarter.
• 09-10 April 2019 co-organised a workshop on understanding Chinese Investment at Green Palace hotel.
• 12 March organized the first Quarterly Steering committee meeting to review ToR.
• Prepared ToR research on resettlement and recruitment in June 2019.
• 20 March 2019 participated in a meeting to discuss the resettlement issue in Phnom Penh and in other provinces. Develop an action plan to have a study tour to visit the community in Phnom Penh. Capacity building to the community in Phnom Penh. Capacity building on reporting of land dispute case in Phnom Penh. Documentation on the development project in Phnom Penh.
• 27 March 2019 participated in the community network to discuss the network building.
• Follow up and dialogue meeting was held.
• Organized study visit to Phom Da, land dispute case in Pursat province. ActionAid has funding support for mediation to deal with land disputes.
• Organized exposure visits to dialogue in relevant provinces with provincial institutions, local authorities, and NGOs to find the intervention to address land dispute cases.
• 08 February 2019 held a meeting with the ministry of land. Next week the ministries will organize a consultation with 7 provinces to discuss the land dispute issues. As result of meeting with Minister. It difficult to find land dispute data.
The Action Plan for Advocacy Strategies for the implementation was facilitated by Mr. Pheap Sophea, Program Manager of Land and Forestry Program, NGOF. Members of the LAHRiN Network. Next time we will invite the member to raise the key focus case.
Mr. Kosal presented an action plan in the following:
• Network Member will prepare an action plan and budget plan
• Organize meetings and send the report back.
• Strengthen capacity, mobilize human resources.
• Prepare a member meeting in the province.
• Reactivate the provincial meeting eg. Kampong Chnang province.
• Mobilize NGOs working on the land issue and resettlement issue.
• Fill in the profile, share with other members and send it back to NGO Forum.
• Join with provincial authority on 3 cases of the land dispute.
• Select 3 more cases in Krati, Mondulkiri and Stung Treng provinces
• Prepare concept note and budget and send it back to Member
• Coordinate meeting with LICADHO and ADHOC to find the solution
• Meeting with a donor to consider about NGOs base in the province
• Meeting with the provincial network
• Meeting with MAFF and Ministry of Land on ELC cancelation
• Joint investigation of the three cases in three provinces
• Recruit research consultant
• Identify the person for supporting provincial network on resource mobilization
• Coordinate meeting to facilitate the exposure visit
Mr. Bun Vanna, Program Manager of World Vision Cambodia and Member of the Management Committee, expressed great thanks to all participants for active involvement. The issue of the provincial level has discussed and found a possible solution. We want NGOs to work together and build trust with our donors. The plan will be fulfilled based on our willingness and commitment. It changes our minds and has a clear plan. He wished all good luck and implements our work.