METRI is NGO Forum’s strategy model promoting Multi-stakeholders Engagement for a Transformative, Resilient and Inclosing society. The main duties and responsibilities of the Program Assistant are to assist network coordinator and the program manager in implementing program activities under Solidarity Actions for Community Harmonization and Sustainability Program Manager (SACHAS – សច្ចៈ).
Assisting program staff under SACHAS as follows:
• Assist program manager (PM) in promoting public awareness on the adopted policies and laws through social medias, workshops, and youth platform;
• Assist PM in establishment and formation of a team of METRI youth ambassador to promote METRI modeling and public awareness on the adopted policies and laws;
• Assist PM in preparing concept notes and background documents related to program activities;
• Assist PM in taking notes and attending necessary meetings related to the program activities;
• Assist in identifying and selecting target communities (especially communities along Mekong River, surrounding Tonle Sap, Ramsar, Costal, CPA, CFi, CF, and ACs) to be implement the community sustainable model;
• Assist conduct exposure visits with the selected community to other communities that are well established/role model
• Assist PM in preparing sessions of capacity building to the NGOF members and support its members to cascade trainings to their community members on laws and policies, and the local partnership and initiatives;
• With support from PM, assist members and the communities in mapping their resources and also to mobilize resources and implement their plans;
• Assist PM in assessing required technical and professional skills of the members and the communities;
• With guidance and support from PM, provide on ongoing coaching and mentoring the members and communities to implement their plan and harvest their program results.
• Assist PM in drafting event reports, monthly progress reports, outcome harvesting reports, and others as required;
• Assist PM in monitoring network activities based on log-frame and budget plan and adjust/review it based on the monitoring results.
• Assist PM in preparing cash advance and advance clearance related to program activities with approved budget; prepare and submit requests for advance, disburse, and justify to management
following the policy and procedure.
Common responsibilities of the NGO Forum on Cambodia
• Any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to gender equality, equity, and diversity for NGOF’s activities
• Comply with all relevant NGO Forum on Cambodia policies and standard procedures
• Strongly promote teamwork environment by contributing ideas, listening to others and willingly taking on tasks that fall outside this job description, but the related scope of work as directed by supervisor with the appropriate delegation
• Work constructively with colleagues in other programs and teams to achieve the organizational mission
• Attend NGOF meetings and events, including but not limited to staff meetings, learning and sharing, staff retreat, program reflection, recruitment and selection, performance appraisal and feedback, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in development study, NRM, Agriculture, Rural Development, Social policy, or related subject
• Qualification and in-depth knowledge of Natural Resource Governance, Water Governance, Agricultural policies and climate change are desirable.
• Minimum two years of professional work experience with NGOs and Donors Partners in the selected field
• Demonstrate experience in project cycle management
• Demonstrate experience in dialogue, debate, and advocacy for pro-poor policy development and monitoring of implementation
• Experience working in facilitating and coordinating with sub-national level and communities
• Experience working in a team.
• Proven ability to help, learn, facilitate, communicate, advocate and transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues
• Strong experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Khmer and English.
• Demonstrated commitment to NGOF’s vision, mission, and values
• Gender and diversity
Qualified and interested candidate shall submit CVs, Cover letter The NGO Forum via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22th Febuary 2024 at 5pm. For more details, please find the ToR. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for interview.