The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a well-respected membership-based organization. It comprises of 96 local and international non-governmental organizations, each specializing in different areas of humanitarian and development assistance to Cambodia. NGOF exists to represent the priorities and concerns of these civil society organizations. These CSOs in turn, are accountable to the poor and vulnerable people of Cambodia. The NGO Forum was stablished in the early 1980’s by international NGOs campaigning for an end to the aid embargo imposed on Cambodia at that time. Over the last three decades, the NGO Forum has evolved in response to changing socio-political climate of the country. Since its inception, the NGO Forum has accumulated significant institutional expertise in convening CSOs, facilitating networks of members in shared advocacy work, representing the diversity of members’ views and interests, and constructively engaging with government, development partners and private sector. Currently, the NGO Forum is seeking qualified Cambodian candidate for the position of Network Coordinator of the NGOs Environment and Climate Change Alliance (NECA).
In liaison with program manager, the incumbent oversights the network cycle management to achieve network’s objective. The incumbent also coordinates the network and/or relevant stakeholders through policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. The incumbent represents the network and work as a team to ensure the smooth functions of the network, accountability to budget expenditures, and adhere to the policies and procedures of the NGO Forum on Cambodia.
• Bachelor degree in development study, environmental science, or related subject
• Professional qualification and in-depth knowledge in climate change adaptation and mitigation are desirable
• Minimum three years professional work experience with NGOs and Donors Partners
• Demonstrate experience in project cycle management
• Demonstrate experience in dialogue, debate, and advocacy for pro-poor policy development and monitoring of implementation
• Demonstrate experience in facilitate and coordinate network members and CSOs in consultation with the government officials and development partners
• Experience of working in team
• Proven ability to manage, delegate, and transfer skill and knowledge to colleagues
• Strong experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Khmer and English
• Demonstrated commitment to NGOF’s vision, mission, and values
• Team work
• Gender and diversity
Qualified and interested candidates shall:
1. Submit CV and Cover letter with salary expectation
2. Deadline: 20 September 2019
3. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Please visit www.ngoforum.org.kh for more detail or CLICK HERE
5. Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ngoforumoncambodia/
Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NGO Forum commits to its policies (anti-corruption, child protection, gender policy, etc.).
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.