The NGO Forum on Cambodia is a membership organization consisting of 96 local and international NGOs. It exists to coordinate and equip members, networks of NGOs, and other civil society organizations to actively engage in policy dialogue, debate, and advocacy with and for poor and vulnerable people in Cambodia. NGOF is a civil society organization (CSO) with experience in budget monitoring practices in Cambodia, jointly with her partners aim to apply specific tools to improve climate-related budget accountability in order to use public resources to build a sustainable, resilient and equitable society. These tools include the Citizen’s Climate Budget, which makes complex information on how the government manages public resources for climate action more widely accessible to the public, and advocacy on climate resilient development, and they will serve to increase transparency and accountability. The Citizens Climate Budget, in particular, aims to enable a wider range of beneficiaries to understand the scope, expected results of budget allocations and actual expenditures in relation to climate change mitigation and adaptation policies and activities and to engage in budget decision making and monitoring.
In order to develop a Citizen Climate Budget (CCB) that will present the government’s budget plans for climate change mitigation and adaptation in accessible language and formats, NGO Forum (NGOF) seeks to work with an external consultant. The consultant will conduct a desk review in relation to assignment and lead a consultation process related to the identified audiences, content and formats of the CCB with the following objectives and expected outputs.
To develop the climate citizen budget through assessing and identifying the Climate Change Financing Expenditure and Projection, and facilitating the CSO consultation process in order to gather CSO inputs for developing a climate citizen budget
Based on the above-mentioned rationale and objectives, the external consultant will produce these outputs by end of March 2019:
• A widely disseminated full Citizen Climate Budget on Cambodia that presents the proposed CCB content in accessible, non-technical language (English and Khmer) and through engaging visual elements, such as data tables, graphs and charts, and infographics (i.e., visual and text elements that explain complex information like processes)
• An accessible summary/policy brief on CCB (English and Khmer)
• Advanced education background in fields related to economics, climate change, development, public policy, etc.
• At least five years’ experience in civil society engagement, development of advocacy products or budget transparency;
• A sound understanding of national, regional and international climate change financing arrangements, modalities and challenges including its ability to prioritize, mainstream, and access resources to address these challenges;
• Good analytical skills
• Good understanding of the development context in Cambodia, Cambodian financial system, including policy, budgeting, public financial management, donor coordination and how these processes interact with climate change arrangements at the national level ;
• Good understanding of database, budgeting, climate change financing, Monitoring, Report and Verification (MRV), Budget Governance, Cambodia Climate Change Strategic Plan (CCCSP) and another relevant strategies and policies to climate change
• Ability to translate raw data into effective and engaging data visualizations and infographics
• Experience of proof reading and policy brief writing
• Excellent oral and written communication in English, including a demonstrated ability to translate complex, technical information into clear, non-technical language that is accessible to a broader audience.
• A sound working knowledge and experience with various stakeholders in the country including the associated national and regional coordinating mechanisms on climate change and development cooperation;
• Demonstrated experience in undertaking similar case studies and reviews in the region, preferably in Cambodia and
• Strong research, facilitation and interviewing skills, preferable experience in conducting civil society consulting processes;
Qualified and interested candidates shall:
- Submit your technical proposal indicating clear methodologies, work plan with clear milestones, consultancy budget plan, and summary of team members’ qualification
- Deadline: 24 January 2019 at 17:00 (Local time)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Please visit www.ngoforum.org.kh for more detail or Click Here for ToR
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NGO Forum commits to its policies (anti-corruption, child protection, gender policy, etc.).
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.