Phnom Penh, October 06, 2014: Five NGO representatives, including the NGO Forum, CHRAC, CVS, DPA, and ICSO attended a meeting with Members of the National Assembly. The main purpose was to co-organizing the National Advocacy Conference (NAC) 2014, under the theme “Working Together to Promote Effective Reform on Land and Natural Resource Governance in Cambodia” with National Assembly and the better understanding mandate of 3rd Committee.
Related to the mandate, there were a numbers of tasks for the committee such as:
- Review and discuss on requests for new laws based on evidence based supports from investigation and research
- Joint cooperation with other committees of National Assembly to comment on relevant draft laws
- Contributed to strengthen and enhance law and policy implementation
- Encourage participation from multi-stakeholders to comment on law and policy formulation and implementation
- Develop policy recommendation for the President of National Assembly
- Strengthening and enhancing good cooperation with national and international levels.
“It was a good discussion between the NGOs and committee. Every participant was able to contribute their ideas in the meeting that is positive signs for corporation in the future work. We hope this meeting will lead us to a good partnership between NGOs and National Assembly which could promote transparency and democracy in the country,” said Mr. Tek Vannara, NGOF’s Executive Director.