The purpose of the study is to inform key stakeholders including Ministry of Environment (MoE), the financial sector, and NGOs on banks’ challenges, as well as the benefits of using EIA legal tools such as EIA reports/EIA sub-decree from MoE, and propose alternative policy recommendations to MoE for holding bank sectors and their business clients to be accountable for sustainable ESG in Cambodia, and alternative good practices recommendations to MoE and Banking Sector for ensuring sustainable environmental, social, and governance (ESG) through ensuring compliance of EIA before financing to their clients.
The objectives of the study are:
1. To identify banks’ challenges and good points of using EIA legal tools such as EIA report/EIA sub-decree from MoE to hold their business clients to be accountable for sustainable ESG practices in Cambodia
2. To identify policy gaps of both selected banks and MoE in promoting best practices of ESG compliance and propose alternative policies and practices to MoE and banks to ensure sustainable ESG compliance in Cambodia
3. To develop one case study on good practice of a selected bank and its business clients toward promoting sustainable ESG in Cambodia, especially in the field of agri-business or hydropower infrastructure.
To develop and present to key stakeholders, including MoE and NBC/ABC, policy recommendations for responsible and inclusive investment by the financial sector
Qualifications of consultant:
• At least master degree in fields related to EIA and ESG, policy development, economics public policy is preferable.
• At least five years’ experience in policy research, civil society engagement, and development of advocacy products
• A sound understanding of Environmental, Social, and Governance framework including EIA guideline and sub-degree from the MoE
• Good analytical skills
• Good understanding of the financial sector development in Cambodia;
• Ability to translate raw data into effective and engaging data visualizations and infographics
• Experience in policy brief writing
• Excellent oral and written communication in English and Khmer, including a demonstrated ability to translate complex, technical information into clear, non-technical language that is accessible to a broader audience.
• Demonstrated experience in undertaking similar case studies and reviews in the region, preferably in Cambodia and
• Strong research, facilitation and interviewing skills, preferable experience in conducting civil society consulting and government ministries
Qualified and interested consultant shall:
1. Submit your technical proposal indicating clear understanding of the assignment, methodology/ approaches, detailed financial proposal, proposed work-plan, list of previous similar assignments and three professional references.
2. Deadline: 25 August 2020
3. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Please visit www.ngoforum.org.kh for more detail or CLICK HERE for ToR.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The NGO Forum commits to its policies (anti-corruption, child protection, gender policy, etc.).
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.